Senior men having difficulty sleeping at night due to extended periods of interrupted breathing may be at increased risk of heart-related death. This problem is thought to be due to poor oxygenation (study indicator) stemming from sleep apnea and other related factors, according to an Australian study in European Heart Journal (2018). Researchers Linz and Baumert reported that men with ≥ 12 minutes of oxygen saturation below 90% during their sleep cycles increased risk of heart-related death by nearly 60% in the study. The importance of restful, well-oxygenated sleep in relation to health and healing cannot be underestimated for many reasons. If you suspect you are one of the individuals with sleep apnea or other sleep-related health issues, please talk with your primary care physician and ask for a sleep study to uncover the root cause of your problem and get help.
Wondering where holistic health and wellness is going in America in 2019? Here’s a short list of categories that will be popping up in the press and in the marketplace. Oh, the places we will go!
Which of these is your favorite wellness topic and why?
- Plant-based fish (in addition to plant-based meat)
- Circadian rhythm’s impact on restful sleep
- Brain health
- Post-surgical recovery gadgets (foam rolling, TheraGun, more)
- Ayurveda and the mind-body connection
- Wine as a farm-to-table commodity
- The microbiome (gut/immune health)
- The endocannabinoid system
- Wearable healthcare gadgets
For more information on upcoming events, health coaching packages, or to schedule a seminar/workshop on holistic health and wellness for your corporate or small group, please email Dr. Cathy Rosenbaum @ firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.Facebook.com/rxintegrativesolutions.
Please ‘Like’ us on www.Facebook.com/rxintegrativesolutions to receive an ongoing list of seminars and workshops conducted by Dr. Cathy Rosenbaum.
Health & Wellness Seminar Topics for Your Church/Support/Corporate/Civic Group:
- Health & Wellness Trends For The Future – Oh, The Places We’ll Go!
* Pharmacogenomics, the Future of Personalized (Precision) Medicine & Gene Therapy (Disease Cures vs Treatment)
* The A to ZZZZ’s of Sleep Health
* Memory Health: Even Elephants Forget Sometimes!
* Bottled Water Sources/Plastics/Filtration Systems- What You Don’t Know May Hurt You!
* Taking the ‘Poly’ Out of Polypharmacy (Overprescribing of Medications)
* Eight Balance Points for Healing: Building Integrative Health & Wellness Tool Kits That Fit Your Health Goals & Lifestyle Choices
* Herbs of the Bible
* Homegrown Medicinal Herbs & Teas
* Debunking Myths About Dietary Supplements
* Medical Marijuana: The Healthcare Professional’s Perspective
* Caregiving: From Compassion Fatigue to Compassion Satisfaction
* The Truth About OTC Diagnostic Tests (e.g., Hair Analysis, Iridology, Electrodermal Testing, Antioxidant Skin Fold Testing, Saliva Testing,
Thermal Biofeedback, Electromyography Biofeedback, More)
* Antioxidants & Chemotherapy – Dance Partners or Double-Edged Swords?
* Antioxidants & Health
* A Primer of Nontraditional Medicine Practices in the Greater Cincinnati Area
* Let’s Have Some Applause for Menopause
* Men’s Health: Everything You Want to Know but Are Afraid to Ask
* Vitamin-Crazed Insurance Policies: Are Multiple Vitamins Really Needed Throughout Life?
* The Holistic Approach to Wound Care Management
* The Holistic Approach to Managing Stress
* Essential Oil Aromatherapy for Healing: Does This Modality Pass the Sniff Test?
In 2018, 23andMe received FDA approval to market a pharmacogenomic test that examines eight different human genes. This test will be obtained without a doctor’s order and will give the consumer information on how he/she metabolizes 50 prescription and OTC medications. FDA is saying, “buyer beware.”
Should pharmacogenomic tests be available to consumers without a physician’s order or healthcare professional’s involvement in test interpretation?
Rx Integrative Solutions
Cathy Rosenbaum, PharmD MBA RPh CHC
For Release 1/1/2019
CLINICAL PHARMACIST EXPANDS HOLISTIC HEALTH & WELLNESS PRACTICE IN GREATER CINCINNATI AREA
Improving Community Health One ‘Whole Person’ At A Time
Dr. Cathy Rosenbaum, Founder of Rx Integrative Solutions, announces the expansion of her holistic health and wellness practice serving the tri-state metropolitan area.
With over 40 years’ experience as a pharmacist in the clinical arena, Dr. Rosenbaum has developed an approach that streamlines health resource utilization for her clients by evaluating and recommending the consolidation of prescription medications whenever possible. She also reviews and recommends whole food nutrition sprinkled with a few dietary supplements based on lifestyle choices and the client’s health needs.
Professional services include a face-to-face interview combined with an evidence-based written evaluation that is given to the client and to her/his primary care physician for education and final decision-making. The personalized evaluation and health tool kit serve as a comprehensive reference.
Founded in 2005, Rx Integrative Solutions is a community leader in promoting holistic/mind body spirit health services that frequently include non-traditional medicine principles and modalities. Dr. Rosenbaum has given multiple presentations nationally and for the media on integrative solutions for health care and wellness/prevention.
The company’s purpose is to form sustainable client/physician/healing practitioner relationships, to develop good health stewards by reducing medication overprescribing, and to actively engage clients in integrative health and wellness practices that honor their lifestyle choices. She gives her clients much sought-after, quality facetime to listen to their concerns and answer their questions about healing.
Service Availability/Positive Client Impact
Clients may individually seek out Dr. Rosenbaum’s professional services or be referred by their primary care physician for an office appointment and wellness session. Many have already benefited from her one-hour wellness consultations and coaching skills as demonstrated by reduced risk of medication side effects/interactions (increased safety), less healthcare dollars spent, and improved quality of life (they report they feel better). In the words of one client,
“An extended one-on-one talk with a healthcare professional is very rare.
I have a very specific set of health needs, as does everyone else. No
‘one-size-fits-all’ approach [in traditional medicine] works.”
For more information:
Cathy Rosenbaum PharmD MBA RPh CHC
Founder & CEO Rx Integrative Solutions
10274 Alliance Road
Blue Ash, OH 45242
Tweets by DrCathyHolistic
This yellow spice/dietary supplement from the ginger family has become popular in recent months. Its active ingredient is curcumin, one of the spices found in curry powder frequently used in Indian cuisine, and in yellow mustard. Curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
Research studies have been conducted with turmeric for osteoarthritis pain management. Turmeric side effects include heartburn, as it is truly ‘spicy.’ So, if you already experience GERD (acid reflux disease) you will not be a candidate for this product.
A typical turmeric extract dose is 1 gram/day or less. One gram is ~ equal to 3 – 15 teaspoonsful of the ground spice, so there is wide variability between products and food. Some of the turmeric dietary supplement manufacturers add black pepper to their formulations to increase turmeric’s absorption and inhibit turmeric’s metabolism. I’m not sure that has been scientifically proven to work.
If you suffer from osteoarthritis pain and have been taking NSAIDs for years (e.g., Naproxen, Motrin, Celebrex, Feldene, Diclofenac), you may wish to consider talking with your physician about the appropriateness of taking the supplement turmeric in place of them to avoid significant long-term NSAID side effects on the stomach, heart, kidneys, and liver.
Please do not start taking turmeric without the advice and consent of your physician. Schedule an appointment for a prescription medication/dietary supplement/integrative health consultation with Dr. Cathy Rosenbaum today!
Happy New Year….Be healthy….Be Wise….Stay Safe