March 22, 2019 is the 27th Annual World Water Day. It is estimated that nearly 900 million people worldwide lack access to clean drinking water. We can all help save the planet. Please click on this link for more information on countries with the most pressing issues. They need our loving attention now! Thank you.
Many seniors are taking five medications a day. Some are taking many more than that. Are USA physicians overprescribing? Is there a way we can encourage them to start thinking out of the box and consider other evidence-based non-invasive modalities first, whenever possible?
Here’s a list of medications that may be problematic for seniors (American Geriatrics Society 2019 Beers Criteria). Take this article to your primary care physician for discussion of med risk/benefit if you are taking any of them.
Senior men having difficulty sleeping at night due to extended periods of interrupted breathing may be at increased risk of heart-related death. This problem is thought to be due to poor oxygenation (study indicator) stemming from sleep apnea and other related factors, according to an Australian study in European Heart Journal (2018). Researchers Linz and Baumert reported that men with ≥ 12 minutes of oxygen saturation below 90% during their sleep cycles increased risk of heart-related death by nearly 60% in the study. The importance of restful, well-oxygenated sleep in relation to health and healing cannot be underestimated for many reasons. If you suspect you are one of the individuals with sleep apnea or other sleep-related health issues, please talk with your primary care physician and ask for a sleep study to uncover the root cause of your problem and get help.
Wondering where holistic health and wellness is going in America in 2019? Here’s a short list of categories that will be popping up in the press and in the marketplace. Oh, the places we will go!
Which of these is your favorite wellness topic and why?
- Plant-based fish (in addition to plant-based meat)
- Circadian rhythm’s impact on restful sleep
- Brain health
- Post-surgical recovery gadgets (foam rolling, TheraGun, more)
- Ayurveda and the mind-body connection
- Wine as a farm-to-table commodity
- The microbiome (gut/immune health)
- The endocannabinoid system
- Wearable healthcare gadgets
For more information on upcoming events, health coaching packages, or to schedule a seminar/workshop on holistic health and wellness for your corporate or small group, please email Dr. Cathy Rosenbaum @ email@example.com or visit www.Facebook.com/rxintegrativesolutions.
Please ‘Like’ us on www.Facebook.com/rxintegrativesolutions to receive an ongoing list of seminars and workshops conducted by Dr. Cathy Rosenbaum.
Health & Wellness Seminar Topics for Your Church/Support/Corporate/Civic Group:
- Health & Wellness Trends For The Future – Oh, The Places We’ll Go!
* Pharmacogenomics, the Future of Personalized (Precision) Medicine & Gene Therapy (Disease Cures vs Treatment)
* The A to ZZZZ’s of Sleep Health
* Memory Health: Even Elephants Forget Sometimes!
* Bottled Water Sources/Plastics/Filtration Systems- What You Don’t Know May Hurt You!
* Taking the ‘Poly’ Out of Polypharmacy (Overprescribing of Medications)
* Eight Balance Points for Healing: Building Integrative Health & Wellness Tool Kits That Fit Your Health Goals & Lifestyle Choices
* Herbs of the Bible
* Homegrown Medicinal Herbs & Teas
* Debunking Myths About Dietary Supplements
* Medical Marijuana: The Healthcare Professional’s Perspective
* Caregiving: From Compassion Fatigue to Compassion Satisfaction
* The Truth About OTC Diagnostic Tests (e.g., Hair Analysis, Iridology, Electrodermal Testing, Antioxidant Skin Fold Testing, Saliva Testing,
Thermal Biofeedback, Electromyography Biofeedback, More)
* Antioxidants & Chemotherapy – Dance Partners or Double-Edged Swords?
* Antioxidants & Health
* A Primer of Nontraditional Medicine Practices in the Greater Cincinnati Area
* Let’s Have Some Applause for Menopause
* Men’s Health: Everything You Want to Know but Are Afraid to Ask
* Vitamin-Crazed Insurance Policies: Are Multiple Vitamins Really Needed Throughout Life?
* The Holistic Approach to Wound Care Management
* The Holistic Approach to Managing Stress
* Essential Oil Aromatherapy for Healing: Does This Modality Pass the Sniff Test?